Thursday, March 28, 2013

North Coaster

It says a lot about my spring that I have graduated to knitting coasters. Drink coasters to protect my new end tables. They're quite fashionable, in a lovely hue, made out of terribly itchy yarn that I won't wear. They also require absolutely no thought, in fact I can mostly make them without looking which is nice. It's taking my love for small simple projects to a new level, maybe not a great level but a new level.

What's causing this obsession with simplicity and mindless ease? Fatigue, stress, cabin fever. Not the worst things that could happen to a person, but enough to make me not want to try to figure out which pattern row I'm on and which decrease to do in the lacy sweater-vest I'm making for myself.

I pretty much just feel like I need a vacation...for like, six months. Or maybe only a part time job. Since I can't have either of those things right now I must resort to knitting coasters. And drinking wine. It works.

No comments: