Monday, January 20, 2014

Hibernation

It's cold.

It's dark.

I am in hibernation mode.

It seems like everything is a little bit harder and more demanding than normal, driving is terrible, taking out the garbage requires a full suit up - parka and boots, even walking is treacherous. Mostly that just means I'm even less motivated than normal to do anything but sit on the couch. Bad for my waistline, but good for my knitting projects.

My current project is the Puffin Sweater by Kate Davies. I'm not making any modifications and I'm staying pretty true to the original color scheme. I even knitted and blocked the swatches as directed. I think experience has made me more humble when it comes to making changes. Although sometimes they work out well I don't think I actually have all of the experience I need to make them turn out great every time. It's cliche but the older you get the more you understand how little you know. Sometimes I wonder what my arrogant 20 year old self would think of me.

At least the sweater is going faster than I expected, especially since it's knitted on size 3.0mm needles, and I am pleased with the result so far. Hopefully this time the finished product will fit and I won't lose my mind sewing in all of those ends! And maybe I'll be done with it before next winter...

No comments: